Before we get going, take time to familiarize yourself with the Square Knot and use these illustrated instructions as a tool while macrame-making along with the full video tutorial at bottom of this page
While working, feel free to untie, redo, rewind, play some holiday tunes, and most importantly have fun!
1) Place the right working cord OVER the short center cords and UNDER the left working cord. (Place your working cords so that they mimic the red cord positions illustrated above)
2) Bring the left working cord UNDER and around the back of the center cords, pull the left working cord out the front, through the loop made with the right cord.
3) Tighten near desired length.
4) Then, bring the LEFT cord OVER any center cords and UNDER the right working cord.
5) Bring the right cord UNDER the back of center cords and through the loop on the left.
6) Tighten by pulling your right and left cords 90° to their respective side and pull snug to finish one square knot.
Now let’s get KNOT-ty!! Follow along to the video tutorial below and make sure to read the subtitled instructions for helpful tips along the way!